couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Nick North <nort...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [ASK] How to passing 1st view data to 2nd view??
Date Wed, 29 May 2013 07:15:04 GMT
It would still be worth having the view that sums all entries in a date
range and group at the right level so that you get back the total change in
the account balance over the range. This is particularly useful if you want
to get the opening balance, when you'll need to sum over all entries up to
the opening date of the report.

As a balance sheet needs multiple accounts, you'd need to query the view
once per account to construct the report.

Nick