couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Noah Diewald <n...@diewald.me>
Subject Re: Problem with commonjs in view
Date Thu, 23 May 2013 21:12:06 GMT
If anyone is curious about the "dumb" thing that I did, here it goes.

I created a view that referred to the exported function using a relative path.
This didn't work. I decided to try and debug the problem using the temporary
view editor. This didn't work because I guess that temporary views are special
somehow. I had thought that I'd tried updating the view to match this example,
without using a temporary view:

>> views: {
>>   lib: {
>>     blue: "exports.ninenine = 99;"
>>   },
>>   mymap: {
>>     map: "function (doc) {emit(require('views/lib/blue').ninenine);}"
>>   }
>> }

But I must not have done this because I tried it again and got it to work. Moral
of the story, temporary views are not a good place to debug commonjs problems.