couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Noah Diewald <n...@diewald.me>
Subject Problem with commonjs in view
Date Thu, 23 May 2013 19:40:45 GMT
I have a design document where I'm trying to use commonjs in a view. At this
point I've failed at trying to do the more complicated stuff that I intended to
use this functionality for. I'm just trying to do something simple so that I can
figure out why things aren't working for me. I'm following this wiki page fairly
closely: https://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/CommonJS_Modules

I have a views property that looks like this:

views: {
  lib: {
    blue: "exports.ninenine = 99;"
  },
  mymap: {
    map: "function (doc) {emit(require('../lib/blue').ninenine);}"
  }
}

I get errors that look like the following for every document in the log when
attempting to run the view in the temporary view interface in futon:

OS Process #Port<0.3115> Log :: function raised exception (new
TypeError("mod.current is null", "/usr/share/couchdb/server/main.js", 1125))
with doc._id cccb3bb779549b28b2e48eb628934107

So it looks like relative paths don't work but if I use the property path as
shown in the wiki:

views: {
  lib: {
    blue: "exports.ninenine = 99;"
  },
  mymap: {
    map: "function (doc) {emit(require('views/lib/blue').ninenine);}"
  }
}

I see this error in the log:

OS Process #Port<0.3115> Log :: function raised exception (new
TypeError("mod.current is null", "/usr/share/couchdb/server/main.js", 1125))
with doc._id cccb3bb779549b28b2e48eb628934107

I haven't seen if the errors are any different when I don't try to get the map
function to run through futon but it isn't working either way.

This looks to be particular to the views. I am using commonjs with both updates
and validate_doc_update in the same design document and they are working properly.

I am using the Arch Linux package couchdb 1.2.2-3. I hope I'm just making some
type of dumb mistake that someone can point out. Any help would be very appreciated.

Noah