couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Robert Larsen ...@cego.dk>
Subject Re: Replication misses documents
Date Wed, 01 May 2013 09:53:20 GMT
On 05/01/2013 11:35 AM, Dave Cottlehuber wrote:

> The source_seq is very low, compared to the current npm registry:
>
> curl -s  http://isaacs.iriscouch.com/registry | json_reformat | grep committed
>
>     "committed_update_seq": 474407
>
> So either you're not pointing at the actual registry, or this
> replication is no longer running for some reason.
I weren't. I were pointing to a local version (the one on 192.168.192.70
in my examples) that were probably not entirely replicated.
But it contained the 'underscore' document, so when I replicate that one
over to my localhost, I would expect the same documents to be there.

> I'd cancel the replication, and re-create it using the _replicator
> endpoint so it gets picked up even if the server restarts. Something
> like this (untested):
>
> curl -X PUT http://admin:passwd@localhost:5984/_replicator/npm-mirror
> --data-binary '{"source":"https://isaacs.iriscouch.com/registry",
> "target":"npm-mirror", "continuous": true}' -H "Content-Type:
> application/json"
I'll try that. Is there a way to replicate the compacted version instead
of the full 50 or so GB? I don't need every version of every document.

> For the failure, a snippet of the couch.log file will probably explain
> why this is failing.

There ain't really any failures. Not in the log either. The document
simply ain't in the database even thou it is in the database I am
replicating...which is weird.

Robert