couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Paul Hirst <paul.hi...@sophos.com>
Subject Erlang view timeout
Date Tue, 07 May 2013 08:30:39 GMT
I decided to rewrite some of my javascript views in Erlang to get a bit more performance and
hopefully avoid some problems I was seeing with huge documents. However I'm running into timeout
problems.

In the log I get this shortly after trying to query the view:

** Reason for termination ==
** {timeout,{gen_server,call,
                        [<0.1905.0>,
                         {prompt,[<<"map_doc">>,
                                  {[{<<"_id">>,

I get the impression from reading the source that erlang views might have a default timeout
of 5 seconds (presumably per document?). I'm mostly guessing based on the line

-record(evstate, {ddocs, funs=[], query_config=[], list_pid=nil, timeout=5000}).

Near the top of couch_native_process.erl

I couldn't see anything in the configuration which would obviously let me change this. Does
anyone have any ideas?
Thanks.

Paul

Sophos Limited, The Pentagon, Abingdon Science Park, Abingdon, OX14 3YP, United Kingdom.
Company Reg No 2096520. VAT Reg No GB 991 2418 08.