couchdb-user mailing list archives

From svilen ...@svilendobrev.com>
Subject Re: Mass updates
Date Thu, 09 May 2013 12:52:52 GMT

a question: do u need to keep the old variant/state too?
(think bi-temporal stuff)

that one, and if the once-off conversion process is going to take
loooong time, it might be better to bite the bullet and allow for
multiple (e.g. 2) versions of the "schema" to coexist - in both
server/views and client code. Thus once u already have some doc in the
new variant, use it. Else, fallback to runtime-conversion.

i know it isn't easy to organise but otherwise u're fighting reality.

svilen