couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Stephen Bartell <snbart...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: virtualizing databases
Date Fri, 31 May 2013 21:01:15 GMT
I originally stated that I want to do this redirection at the couch level.  Adam and Simon
both mentioned that this is probably best done outside of couch.  I think I've seen the light.
Often times I still need access to the original database. If I am proxying at the couch level,
then I can never get to that original database.  If I needed to access a redirected database,
then I would need to go through the proxy. But if I need to access the original database for
whatever reason, I could still log into the couch server and access it.

Aliasing, remote or local, seems to be useful only when one version of that database is exposed
at a time.

On May 31, 2013, at 1:34 PM, Benoit Chesneau <bchesneau@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, May 31, 2013 at 9:53 PM, Stephen Bartell <snbartell@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Thanks guys.
>>
>> Benoit, it looks like the alias improvement  you are talking about is couchdb-1736?
It still looks like its baking. What I need is something a little bigger than aliases though.
I'd like the ability to redirect to a remote Couch.