couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Scott Weber <scotty2...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: Multiple "follows" attachments not working.
Date Thu, 30 May 2013 02:10:01 GMT
Well, my last boundary doesn't have a CRLR (although all the line breaks are
CRLF, not just newlines - don't know if that means anything).  I'll give that a
try.

I'm using ver 1.2 or something rather old.

Not sure how they would solve mixing of the MIME attachment order, except for a
header under the boundary that matches the main document attachment name.  Right
now, the example indicates no headers in the attachments.

But I'll probably change it to upload them one at a time.  Out of fear that a
version upgrade will break.

Thanks (so far).

----- Original Message ----
From: Jens Alfke <jens@couchbase.com>
To: "user@couchdb.apache.org" <user@couchdb.apache.org>
Sent: Wed, May 29, 2013 7:40:02 PM
Subject: Re: Multiple "follows" attachments not working.

On May 29, 2013, at 1:35 PM, Scott Weber <scotty2541@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> The problem is, it is not working.  And I am not getting a response at all.
>And
>
> the Erlang user window isn't showing anything.

Yeah. The MIME multipart support in CouchDB is in bad shape :( The parser seems
to be very brittle, and gives up if the structure is even slightly different
from what it expects. (IIRC, what you’re running into might be some detail of
how the data ends — it might require a CRLF after the closing boundary, or
require no CRLF, or something like that.)

I see you’ve already noticed that CouchDB expects the MIME attachment bodies to
appear in the same order as they appear in the main document’s JSON
serialization, instead of looking at any of their headers. That one gave me a
lot of trouble. There’s been a bug filed on it for a while, and I think Jan has
worked on fixing it for 1.4(?)

—Jens