couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Keith Gable <ziggythehams...@gmail.com>
Subject RE: How to give user feedback on view progress
Date Sat, 04 May 2013 15:04:41 GMT
You could periodically pre-warm the views in a cron job and then only
worry about data transfer, which you can display progress of using
standard HTTP techniques. From: Alexander Gabriel
Sent: 5/4/2013 9:04 AM
To: user@couchdb.apache.org
Subject: How to give user feedback on view progress
Hi experts

I have some views and lists that can take a while to fetch all their data,
especially on phones when downloading all the data is slow.
I would like to give the user feedback on the progress.

I tried using _all_tasks. But this needs admin credentials that I wouldn't
want to send in the open.

What are the available options?

This could at least partly be a general question, outside of couchdb. I'm a
noob so please tell me if there is a better place to look this up.

Cheers, Alex