couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Dave Cottlehuber <...@jsonified.com>
Subject Re: Replication in admin party mode failure
Date Wed, 10 Apr 2013 22:07:34 GMT
On 10 April 2013 18:29, muji <freeformsystems@gmail.com> wrote:
> Just to follow up on this if anyone is interested.
>
> I have just installed 1.3.0 (thanks!) and the problem still exists
> replicating in admin party mode.
>
> Any ideas? Do I need to report an issue or is this expected behaviour?
>
> Cheers,
>
> --
> mischa (aka muji).

Hi Mischa,

Thanks for reporting this!

The API is the same in both cases; use the _replicator endpoint if you need to:

- save the replication task between server restarts (e.g. continuous
replication)
- replicate the replication jobs (e.g. multi-master scenarios)
- trigger a replication under a different user's permissions

That said, if you are able to  open a jira ticket[1] this is either a
bug or a documentation fix.

Your source can be just the db name:

## using replicate endpoint -- works:
curl -X POST http://localhost:5984/_replicate
-HContent-Type:application/json --data-binary '{
    "_id": "myrepl",
    "source": "abc",
    "target": "def",
    "create_target": true,
    "continuous": false
 }'

## using _replicator  endpoint  -- doesn't:
curl -X POST http://localhost:5984/_replicator
-HContent-Type:application/json --data-binary '{
    "_id": "myrepl",
    "source": "abc",
    "target": "def",
    "create_target": true,