couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Robert Newson <rnew...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Replication and sequence id question
Date Tue, 16 Apr 2013 08:05:40 GMT
Hi Paolo,

No, couchdb (and touchdb) will be just fine if you fail over to a
different server. What will happen is that the replication from server
B to your mobile client will start from update sequence 0 (as you will
have no previous checkpoint). The replication process will then check
whether each update on server B is on your client already. If the A to
B replication is still running, then the majority of updates you get
from server B will already be present on your mobile device. Any that
are missing will be replicated.

You can freely replicate from multiple servers to your mobile client, it works.

B.