couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Mark van Cuijk <m...@van-cuijk.nl>
Subject Questions on durability
Date Tue, 23 Apr 2013 19:37:32 GMT
Hi,

For a new project, we're considering CouchDB as an interesting candidate for storage, mainly
because of the good durability properties, support for replication and the continuous changes
feed.

Regarding durability I have three questions. I found the durability matrix on the wiki, but
the page isn't finished yet. Our setup will be a single client writing to a single CouchDB
server, which is replicated to several other CouchDB servers.

1. Can I access the continuous changes feed on each of the servers and will those feeds serve
the same events in the same order?
2. Will each server only send events to the changes feed after the data is durably persisted
to hardware storage?
3. The batch=ok parameter influences the response to the writing client, but does it have
any influence regarding the answer to the previous question?

Thanks,
Mark