couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Calle Arnesten <calle.arnes...@codekick.com>
Subject Problem with restart of continuous replication
Date Tue, 23 Apr 2013 07:01:41 GMT
Hi,

I have a two-way continuous replication set up between two servers with CouchDB. About a week
ago we had a DNS problem that caused the machines to not to be able to communicate for almost
2 hours. My assumption was that CouchDB would automatically try to restart the replication.
When I double-checked this a day or two later, replication was only restarted for one way
and not both. After rebooting the machine the replication started working both ways again.

Now my question is: Was my assumption wrong that replication should be restarted automatically?
If not, what could be the cause of it not working? The machine that it happened to have CouchDB
1.2.1 installed.

Also, do you have any recommendations on how to monitor that replication works and notify
by mail when it doesn't?

/Calle