couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Keith Gable <ziggythehams...@gmail.com>
Subject RE: _replicator database and proxies
Date Wed, 24 Apr 2013 15:46:54 GMT
Here's a possibility. You want to replicate behind the proxy and on the
other side of the proxy. A global proxy setting breaks that. From:
Steven Barlow
Sent: 4/24/2013 9:12 AM
To: user@couchdb.apache.org
Subject: Re: _replicator database and proxies
Thanks for the comments.

I appreciate that each replication document is independent. I guess
I'm questioning whether the proxy configuration is typically an
attribute of the individual replication entity, rather than being a
"system-wide" connection configuration. I'm struggling to envisage a
scenario whereby different replication documents might have different
proxy settings?

To support that use case though, I guess, why not retain a replication
document level setting as an override, but introduce a global setting
for what, at least in my opinion, is the more typical use case?

In answer to the question, "why is my configuration changing so
rapidly?" - My proxy settings change several times every day when my
laptop travels to and from my home network (no proxy), to my office
network (which requires a proxy for Internet access).