couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Jeff Charette <ioma...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Hosting Preference
Date Mon, 11 Mar 2013 19:47:02 GMT
> fwiw: require() (aka CommonJS) should land this week or next. It's
> been stalled for ages because we needed a zero downtime upgrade path.
That is exciting news, what release will this be?

> 1.2.2 is not a release yet. We don’t recommend hosters run pre-release versions :)

I totally get that, unfortunely latest stable dies after 3 requests in a row.  Died in a demo
today, sooooo fun :)
FYI, my upgrade request was for the premium service not for 1.2.2.

> I ran into the very same issue and started hosting it myself. Digital Ocean is nice.

Checking out digital ocean now, looks good.

> Actually, cloudant doesn't have the rewrite bug. Once they get the security features
from 1.2.x I'll be back. :)
me too

Thanks Jan, Robert, and Lance

Jeff Charette | Principal
We Are Charette
web / identity / packaging

m  415.298.2707
w  wearecharette.com
e   jeffrey@wearecharette.com

On Mar 11, 2013, at 3:29 PM, Robert Newson <rnewson@apache.org> wrote:

> fwiw: require() (aka CommonJS) should land this week or next. It's
> been stalled for ages because we needed a zero downtime upgrade path.
>
> B.
>
> On 11 March 2013 14:01, Jeff Charette <iomatix@yahoo.com> wrote:
>> What is your CouchDB host preference?  Here has been my experience which leaves me
as a loss for hosted services.

>> Cloudant
>> - doesn't support newest couch techniques like require and I can't find a tutorial
to port my couch app.

>> Iriscouch (currently using)
>> -  I have nothing but love for these guys, but have had a lot of issues lately.
I've requested an upgrade with no response unfortunetly.