couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Nils Breunese <N.Breun...@vpro.nl>
Subject Re: huge attachments - experience?
Date Thu, 28 Mar 2013 09:29:30 GMT
svilen wrote:

>> Nothing couchdb, but bup (https://github.com/bup/bup/) might be
>> the solution for you.
> will check it up, thanks.
>
>> What did you use before? rsync?
> rsync , lftp, manual cp -ru ..
>
>> What's the nature for the problem?
> well, the usual computer-geek one: 3 machines with copies of same huge
> file hierarchy (500G) somewhere. Anything changed on any one machine
> should sooner-or-later propagate to others. "worst" kind of changes are
> renaming of directories, splitting one dir into two, etc.
> filesystem-level meta-changes. Nothing that i know tracks those
> (except bazaar and maybe mercurial) although it's simple. no need to
> be fast or immediate, it's just me changing things manualy here or
> there.
> setting up special ocfs2 partitions is not an option.

If it were two machines, you could use Unison, but since you have three and apparently setting
up a network filesystem is not an option, you might want to take a look at csync2:

http://linuxaria.com/howto/csync2-a-filesystem-syncronization-tool-for-linux?lang=en
http://oss.linbit.com/csync2/

You could also use csync2 with lsyncd if you need more instant updates.

https://www.axivo.com/community/threads/lightning-fast-synch-with-csync2-and-lsyncd.121/

Nils.