couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Dave Cottlehuber <...@jsonified.com>
Subject Re: CouchDB for Mac 1.2.1 Binary will not load
Date Sun, 17 Mar 2013 19:47:33 GMT
On 15 March 2013 23:13, Torusoft <dev@torusoft.com> wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> We've downloaded and run the couchdb 1.2.1 binary for Mac.
>
> After editing the bind_address field to the local IP of the server instead
> of 127.0.0.1, couchdb fails to start up.
>
> We've removed the binary and downloaded a new one, but the same error
> occurs.  When we open the Apache CouchDB app, it displays an error saying
> the couchdb server had a problem.
>
> Can you tell us how to remove whatever couchdb has installed so we can
> start over with a new binary?
>
> Thanks for any help,
>

> Chris

Also you can check that beam.smp is allowed to accept incoming connections
in the OSX firewall.

I don't have 1.2.1 binary installed, but I'd guess somewhere like
'~/Library/Application Support/CouchDB/' is a good guess. Note that your db
files will also be here so don't go pruning willy-nilly.

The actual bind_address will be stored in local.ini so you can always
search for that (spotlight, or `find / -name local.ini`) and then edit it
directly, 0.0.0.0 is a reasonable choice. The default values are pulled in
from default.ini so you can simply remove the 'bind_address' line, or even
the whole 'httpd' section (unless you have other customisation) and it will
revert to the install-time defaults.

A+
Dave