couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Troy Farrell <t...@entheossoft.com>
Subject Re: CouchDB for Mac 1.2.1 Binary will not load
Date Sun, 17 Mar 2013 21:13:26 GMT
On Fri, Mar 15, 2013 at 5:13 PM, Torusoft <dev@torusoft.com> wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> We've downloaded and run the couchdb 1.2.1 binary for Mac.
>
> After editing the bind_address field to the local IP of the server instead
> of 127.0.0.1, couchdb fails to start up.
>
> We've removed the binary and downloaded a new one, but the same error
> occurs.  When we open the Apache CouchDB app, it displays an error saying
> the couchdb server had a problem.
>
> Can you tell us how to remove whatever couchdb has installed so we can
> start over with a new binary?
>
> Thanks for any help,
>

> Chris

 Hello Chris,

I just edited Apache\
CouchDB.app/Contents/Resources/couchdbx-core/etc/couchdb/local.ini and set
bind_address = 192.168.1.102.  When I restarted CouchDB, the application
firewall asked me if I should allow beam.smp to accept connections.  Once I
allowed it, everything seems to work.  I'm using OS X 10.7.5.

Can you give us any additional information to help you troubleshoot the
problem?

Thanks,
Troy