couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Tim Tisdall <tisd...@gmail.com>
Subject compaction triggering mysteriously
Date Thu, 21 Mar 2013 14:07:38 GMT
I know CouchDB 1.2.X has functionality for automatic triggering of
compaction for databases and views, but I'm pretty sure the default is that
they're off.  I just set up a new instance of 1.2.1 and I keep finding my
database being compacting when I look in the "status" page.  I set up only
one automated compaction and that was for the views:

[compactions]
app_stats = [{view_fragmentation, "40%"}]

What could be causing the database compactions to occur?  Is there another
setting I should check somewhere?

-Tim