couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Robert Newson <rnew...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Very slow queries to view in design doc
Date Mon, 11 Mar 2013 21:20:53 GMT
Can you access /_log on the server? might have information.

Does the custom reduce function actually reduce (that is, return a
much smaller value than the input 'values' array)?

B.

On 11 March 2013 03:27, Sami Sierla <sami.sierla@poplatek.fi> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> There is custom reduce function in this view but result is same even if reduce=false.
Could this have something to do with running out of file descriptors (I unfortunately don't
have sufficient user rights to check this on server). Issue began after we added two databases
(unrelated to this view) to CouchDB (both have continuous replication to standby server).

> Best,
> Sami
>
> On Mar 8, 2013, at 4:20 PM, Robert Newson <rnewson@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> Do you have a custom reduce function? Are the keys/values in that view
>> very large?
>>
>> On 8 March 2013 08:18, Sami Sierla <sami.sierla@poplatek.fi> wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> We are having odd issue with CouchDB 1.2.0 view queries - queries to one particular
view are very slow (tens of seconds with limit=1) but queries to other views in the same design
doc perform as they should. Issue goes away if we restart CouchDB but comes back after few
hours. Views are periodically refreshed so there are no indexing blocking the query. The setup
we have consists of about ten CouchDB databases on active db server (RHEL 5) and second standby
server with continuous CouchDB pull replication. Same view query works fine on the standby
server that has no other processes running.