couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Robert Newson <>
Subject Re: Serving Simple HTML page to Public IP from CouchDB
Date Wed, 20 Mar 2013 00:20:34 GMT
vhosting is based on the HTTP 1.1 "Host" header.

I think Chris already said he tried vhosting using the ip address and
was locked out of basic functionality, which makes sense.

You could bind a separate ip address as benoit says. You wouldn't even
need two NIC's on most linuxes, you can do that wacky binding thing

On 20 March 2013 00:09, Benoit Chesneau <> wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 19, 2013 at 5:01 PM, Miles Fidelman
> <> wrote:
>> I assume that CouchDB is doing NAME-based virtual hosting, which means it's
>> [vhosts]
>> = /test/_design/test/_rewrite
> That could work if couchdb would be able to listen on multiple
> interfaces. If it's your main IP then make sure to start couchdb on
> and access to the couchdb API using localhost. If not you
> won't be able anymore to use it. You can also use an alias to your
> main interface and bind it to an IP.
> - benoit

View raw message