couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Travis Paul ...@visPaul.me>
Subject Re: Curiosity how you use CouchDB in your web env.
Date Wed, 06 Mar 2013 17:30:51 GMT
I use CouchApps, they are my favorite feature of CouchDB and the sole
reason I don't use CouchBase. I always have CouchDB behind Nginx as a
reverse proxy so that I can Gzip content and use port 80 and 443 without
running CouchDB as root. If CouchDB could Gzip content then I could get rid
of Nginx completely and use Iptables for port 80 and 443 but I don't really
mind it so much. I could always potentially use Nginx as a load balancer if
I ever needed. I also use NodeJs for sending emails and for Cronjobs
(Compacting the DB, removing expired documents, etc).