couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Nils Breunese <N.Breun...@vpro.nl>
Subject Re: huge attachments - experience?
Date Tue, 26 Mar 2013 10:52:39 GMT
svilen wrote:

> i need some form of synchronised storage for audio files (with
> some metadata). Something like 10-400Mb per attachment, 1-10
> attachments per doc, overall about 1000 docs, 3000 attachments,
> 300G total. Now i'm using just plain filesystem but it's a pain to
> maintain consistency across several copies.

Do you have a master copy? Are all copies on a LAN or around the globe? How fast should changes
propagate across all copies? Is the metadata stored in the audio files, or could it be? Or
does the metadata need to be stored separately? Not that I don't like CouchDB, but it sounds
like plain old rsync could be a reasonable solution.

Nils.