couchdb-user mailing list archives

From "Kevin R. Coombes" <kevin.r.coom...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CouchDB problem with slow filter, even in Erlang
Date Thu, 14 Mar 2013 17:11:42 GMT
Have you compacted both the database and the views?

I ran into an issue where even paging through the results of a view
always slowed down substantially when I got to about document number
10000.  After compacting the view, the problem went away.

     Kevin

On 3/14/2013 9:00 AM, Arne Fischer wrote:
> We are using CouchDB as a Database in a Mobile context. Because of this performance and
data size is a problem and very important to us.
> We tried writing a filter in erlang within a design element, but sadly we didn't notice
a upgrade in speed. It takes us about 3 minutes to find documents within a database of 90k
elements.
> These filters will later be used to replicate the database to a mobile device.
> Code samples are in this  http://stackoverflow.com/questions/15388488/very-slow-filters-with-couchdb-even-with-erlang
Stack overflow post.