couchdb-user mailing list archives

From svilen ...@svilendobrev.com>
Subject Re: huge attachments - experience?
Date Tue, 26 Mar 2013 14:09:03 GMT
>Nothing couchdb, but bup (https://github.com/bup/bup/) might be
>the solution for you.
will check it up, thanks.

> What did you use before? rsync?
rsync , lftp, manual cp -ru ..

> What's the nature for the problem?
well, the usual computer-geek one: 3 machines with copies of same huge
file hierarchy (500G) somewhere. Anything changed on any one machine
should sooner-or-later propagate to others. "worst" kind of changes are
renaming of directories, splitting one dir into two, etc.
filesystem-level meta-changes. Nothing that i know tracks those
(except bazaar and maybe mercurial) although it's simple. no need to
be fast or immediate, it's just me changing things manualy here or
there.
setting up special ocfs2 partitions is not an option.

anyway, this went quite offtopic.

svilen