couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Luca Morandini <lmorand...@ieee.org>
Subject Re: Fixed precision of floating point number not respected in views
Date Tue, 19 Feb 2013 10:40:11 GMT
On 02/19/2013 08:09 PM, Robert Newson wrote:
> "I have stored fixed precision numbers in a database". You haven't,

Well, actually, I have.

When I see them in Futon,  I can see they are stored as I had wrritten them; it is
only when I use JavaScript (or access a document through the Document API) that
those numbers are interpreted in an inconvenient manner.

That said, I was wondering whether a different view engine may solve this issue.

> If you want fixed precision, you'll need to store your numbers in
> strings and manipulate them that way too. A quick google in the past
> has shown a few "bignum" libraries for Javascript.

No, storing as string won't do, since I have little contro0l over the content of
documents to be stored... I could write an handler function to transform every
number into a string, but this would sap performance.

Regards,

Luca Morandini
Data Architect - AURIN project
Department of Computing and Information Systems
University of Melbourne
Tel. +61 03 903 58 380
Skype: lmorandini