couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Mike Harding <mikeyhard...@gmail.com>
Subject Thoughts on a OAuth Proxy in front of CouchDB?
Date Thu, 28 Feb 2013 13:59:10 GMT
Hi All,

Having played around with the internal capabilities of couchdb's OAuth
support it seems that I will need to implement a OAuth Proxy for my
platform.

I have a requirement to build a REST API that wraps around Couch. I want
3rd party apps to authenticate and send OAuth signed requests to my REST
calls that will then make further calls to the couch REST API.

I want to still use the _users db to manage entities in my system but I
cant really use the internal OAuth to validate signed requests sent to my
REST API.

I'm just wondering what approaches people have used to do this, if this
requires a OAuth proxy in front of couch what do people recommend?

Cheers

Mike