couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Dave Cottlehuber <>
Subject Re: Contributing to the Documentation
Date Wed, 20 Feb 2013 22:49:42 GMT
On 20 February 2013 23:42, Jan Lehnardt <> wrote:
> Hi all,
> if you missed the numbers thread, I wrote up a short guide on how to contribute to the
> It’s rather easy (git fork, clone, edit/add .rst files, commit, push, pull request,
tl;dr: the regular GitHub workflow).
> I hope this gets some of you motivated to turn some of the results that come up on this
list into the documentation for posterity and easier finding.
> Thanks for your patience and I’m looking forward to your contributions! :)
> Jan

In fact you can go even better and edit small changes directly in
github, with an rst format preview in the browser.

- go straight to find your
-  click "edit" which will automagically fork and get you started in
online editing mode
- github UI renders most of the rst files correctly, so you can flick
between edit mode and preview mode to see what your edits look like.
No more waiting for a build to complete!

Pictures here
or try it yourself.

View raw message