couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Benoit Chesneau <bchesn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Fixed precision of floating point number not respected in views
Date Tue, 19 Feb 2013 09:20:48 GMT
On Tue, Feb 19, 2013 at 10:09 AM, Robert Newson <rnewson@apache.org> wrote:
> "I have stored fixed precision numbers in a database". You haven't,
> unfortunately, because you can't. Javascript only has one kind of
> number, 64-bit floating point.
>

> If you want fixed precision, you'll need to store your numbers in
> strings and manipulate them that way too. A quick google in the past
> has shown a few "bignum" libraries for Javascript.
>
> B.

At a meetup someone suggested we should go to edn [1] . Could be
interesting for such purposes. (that and also date formats).

Not sure how much we could support both in couchdb but edn parsers
starts to appear in a lot of languages around:

- py: https://pypi.python.org/pypi/edn_format
- js: https://github.com/gnarmis/edn-js
- erl: https://github.com/seancribbs/edn-erlang (incomplete)

- benoƮt