couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Ian Mayo <...@planetmayo.com>
Subject Using Json schema in validate function
Date Tue, 05 Feb 2013 08:52:13 GMT
I'm familiar with the use of a validate function in CouchDb, and have a
js-crafted one doing a good job right now.

But, I'm interested in moving to a higher-level validation, through use of
a json-schema:
http://json-schema.org/

I've only just become aware of the JSV validator, written in Javascript:
https://github.com/garycourt/JSV

Has anybody managed to use JSV in a CouchDb validate function?  Are there
any examples online?

Personally, I think there would be great merit in providing 'native' json
schema validation within CouchDb - it really seems a "grown-up" way of
maintaining the quality of a document database (accepting that there are
still many use cases that rely on a completely schema free design).

Cheers,
Ian