couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Robert Newson <rnew...@apache.org>
Subject Re: _attachments above the design doc with secure_rewrites = true
Date Fri, 22 Feb 2013 14:51:12 GMT
You can include (base64 encoded) attachment data under _attachments
when you post a json document through your update handler.

Note that update handlers are not mandatory and the url rewriter is
not a secure mechanism for enforcing access control.

You can enable fine-grained per-document *write* security with a
validate_doc_update function but no such parallel exists for reads at
this time. The usual advice for fine-grained read security is to use
different databases for each access domain (commonly known as
"database per user").

B.