couchdb-user mailing list archives

From "Johannes J. Schmidt" <schm...@netzmerk.com>
Subject Re: futon as a couchapp
Date Thu, 28 Feb 2013 20:13:30 GMT
On 02/28/2013 07:09 PM, Jeff Charette wrote:
>>> Will it be exposed to the user in futon itself so they can learn from it? Hard
to see from source.
>> Not sure what you mean?
> I mean as a database you can dig into.  Not hidden.
>
>>> Would be amazing to use couch app itself to generate it or kanso.
>> It's using grunt to build and deploy it (which has a wider user community).
> Has anyone done work with grunt to use a dependency manager like kanso?
>
> When I look at grunt I see very little in the way of helpers and support from a couchapp
perspective.
> https://github.com/elfsternberg/grunt-couchapp
I recently wrote a tiny little grunt plugin (for current grunt 0.4),
based on the same directory layout convention as couchapp / erica. It
just compiles a design document and sends it to a database.
Grunt makes it very easy to built such a tool with 100 lines of code.

https://github.com/null2/grunt-couch

Cheers
Johannes