couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Jan Lehnardt <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: database per user architecture couchapp
Date Fri, 22 Feb 2013 20:58:32 GMT

On Feb 22, 2013, at 21:46 , Jeff Charette <iomatix@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Does anyone know how setup database per user in a couch app?  Wouldn't this just give
admin access to the main db?

People use background processes to create databases on demand. You can manage them with CouchDB’s
“Externals” system. Listening on the _users db’s _changes feed and acting on that is
common pattern.

Cheers
Jan
--

> I am trying to setup up a basic user signup, then give them protected docs.  I have it
working for a whole database, but ran into trouble with attachments.  Many have also warned
of the security issues of protecting your docs with secure_rewrites.