couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Jeff Charette <ioma...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: futon as a couchapp
Date Thu, 28 Feb 2013 20:26:39 GMT
> I recently wrote a tiny little grunt plugin (for current grunt 0.4),
> based on the same directory layout convention as couchapp / erica. It
> just compiles a design document and sends it to a database.
> Grunt makes it very easy to built such a tool with 100 lines of code.
>
> https://github.com/null2/grunt-couch

Nice work, great start.  I would love to see options for minifying when pushing to production
and maybe some helpers for reading in documents.
Like this http://kan.so/docs/Working_with_JSON_data .

Also would love to hear peoples thoughts on package management for couchapps.  Maybe another
thread.  I guess you could use npm, but then how do you know if it will work with couch in
a couch way.

I wish we all could get around one couchapp tool.

Jeff Charette | Principal
We Are Charette
web / identity / packaging

m  415.298.2707

> [...]