couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Stephen Bartell <snbart...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: storing regex in json
Date Fri, 18 Jan 2013 22:52:41 GMT

> On Jan 18, 2013, at 1:19 PM, Stephen Bartell <snbartell@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> The problem is stringifying the snippets into json.  What I currently do is just
compress my js, then paste it into the document via futon's create new document page. This
seems to work fine.  Unless regex is involved, obviously because regex isn't a JSON primitive.

> I don’t think this has anything to do with regexes. It shouldn’t matter what’s
in your JS code (or even whether it’s JS or Erlang or FORTRAN) as long as you’ve properly
quoted it. To the document it’ll just be a string.

> How are you quoting the code?

I use double quotes for the string as a whole, and then single quotes for quotes in the string.

Example:
{
"map": "function (a, b) {var res = b.match(/(\d+)/); console.log('this is the res:' + res)}"
}

This shows I use regex escapes, and it shows how I do quotes (in the console.log fund).

This won't store properly via futon.  Meaning, if I put this into a document via futon, the
value will become a string, not a json object.

I think it might come down to the regex escape "\d+".  If i use "d+" instead, then futon will
accept the object.  But then running the snippet won't work because i intend to have "\d+".