couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Robert Newson <rnew...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Did BigCouch recently change sequence IDs to be arrays?
Date Tue, 15 Jan 2013 17:48:34 GMT
Yes, that's true. An update_seq is always valid JSON and should be
treated opaquely, though a change does flush out bugs in client
libraries and such.

B.

On 15 January 2013 12:32, Jens Alfke <jens@couchbase.com> wrote:
> I just got a bug report about TouchDB failing to sync with BigCouch. From the symptoms,
it appears that BigCouch has recently changed its sequence IDs (as returned from _changes)
from strings to arrays. Is that true?

> I don’t have a local BigCouch to test against currently, but I just confirmed that
Cloudant is still using strings for sequence IDs; they look like this:
>> "last_seq":"5865-g1AAAADzeJzLYWBgYMlgTmFQSElKzi9KdUhJMtbLTS3KLElMT9VLzskvTUnMK9HLSy3JAapkSmRIsv___39WEgMD61ZUbeZ4tCU5AMmkepjOw6g6TfDozGMBkgwNQAqoeT9Y913i7YXoPgDRDbF7ShYAyj1QSA”
>
> If BigCouch is now using arrays, then I need to fix my code to serialize them properly
in the “?since” parameter to the _changes feed URL. But this is a bit confusing — if
I JSON-encode the sequence ID, then IDs that are strings will now have double-quotes around
them, and I don’t know if Cloudant will understand that. Do I need to special-case based
on the type, i.e. stripping the quotes if it’s a string?