couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Miles Fidelman <mfidel...@meetinghouse.net>
Subject custom conflict handlers?
Date Thu, 17 Jan 2013 05:23:32 GMT
I'm trying to understand alternatives for handling update conflicts.  Is
there direct way to detect a conflict between two updates to the same
document, and trigger a custom handler (as opposed to letting Couch's
basic conflict resolution algorithm proceed, then undoing things
after-the-fact)?

Context:  I'm trying to replicate the behavior of version control
systems - i.e., on conflict, create a branch (two documents).

Thanks,

Miles Fidelman