couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Miles Fidelman <mfidel...@meetinghouse.net>
Subject serious problems w/ new install
Date Fri, 11 Jan 2013 16:43:14 GMT
Hi Folks,

HELP!

Just installed CouchDB 1.2.1 under Debian (Squeeze, amd64), using the
instructions at
http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/Installing_on_Debian

Notice a few things during the install:
- make test ran all but one test successfully - 220-compaction-daemon.t
Failed
- make did NOT install the startup script in /etc/init.d/ - had to copy
it in manually
- it seems sort of odd for Couch to install config stuff under
/usr/local/etc, rather than /etc (non-standard to say the least)
- everything starts up fine
- verify installation tells me everything is fine

but....
- when I run the test suites, 39 of 62 fail!
- I'd love to share the test report, or a link to it (I told Futon to
share it), but...
--- any suggestions on how either extract the local copy in a form that
can be attached to an email, or,
--- how to identify the report in the 7000 or so in the shared test
report database?

First question: any simple way to extract the test report as a document
I can attach to an email

HELP!!!

Thanks,

Miles Fidelman