couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Will Heger <will.he...@gmail.com>
Subject growable arrays in reductions
Date Thu, 06 Dec 2012 21:48:18 GMT
Ok, I understand the theory/guideline/commandment is that reductions
should really only be scalars and structures that grow can have all
kinds of terrible effects on performance, cause cancer, etc., but I
don't know how hard this rule is.  Here is my use case:

I'm reducing mapped data of no more than around a dozen or so docs per
reduction.  The dozen docs are transactions and will contain
transaction IDs that are not longer than a GUID.  Can I get away with
concatting a list of that size within my reduction without dooming us
all?

Thanks in advance for any guidance.
-Will