couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Mark Hahn <m...@hahnca.com>
Subject Re: g+ community
Date Mon, 10 Dec 2012 19:21:25 GMT
> The apache list seems to work… Why change?

Yes, but when I follow *every *other technology with groups then the
lack of consistency is a pain in the ass.

> you do realize that Google groups basically requires (or creates) a G+ account

No, that is the overall google account.  You have to sign up
separately for G+.  When I signed up I got bombarded with crap from
google including crap in my gmail.

> Google Groups is also somewhat painful to search

I have no trouble searching in the google groups app.  What problems
have you had?

> you ARE doing social

No, there is a giant difference between them pushing crap to me with
high-pressure tactics and my getting email or going to the groups page
(pull).

Also there is the giant issue of privacy which would be another long thread.