couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Robert Newson <rnew...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Regarding `_bulk_docs` atomicity [Was: Re: How to find the change sequence of a document's revision]
Date Sun, 23 Dec 2012 09:06:18 GMT
Enh, I can see there's a mixture of things here, it's not entirely
clear. I'll ping some folks and get it fixed.

It's been my view for some time that this option should be removed.
BigCouch doesn't support it, so unless some extraordinary effort is
made during the merge, it'll go away at that point.

On 23 December 2012 08:57, Robert Newson <rnewson@apache.org> wrote:
> It's already updated, not sure what the OP is referring to;
>
> https://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/HTTP_Bulk_Document_API#Transactional_Semantics_with_Bulk_Updates
>

> On 23 December 2012 06:56, Jens Alfke <jens@couchbase.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Dec 18, 2012, at 6:14 PM, Robert Newson <rnewson@apache.org<mailto:rnewson@apache.org>>
wrote:

>> The wiki is wrong (rather, reflects ancient all_or_nothing:true behavior).
>>
>> Could someone please fix those docs on the wiki, then? It’s where I get all my
compatibility information from for developing TouchDB. (I’d update the wiki myself, as I
have for many other APIs, but I have no idea what the specifics of the current all_or_nothing
behavior are.)