couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Robert Newson <rnew...@apache.org>
Subject Re: growable arrays in reductions
Date Thu, 06 Dec 2012 23:19:11 GMT
If reduce_limit didn't bite you, and you have plenty of documents,
you're probably fine. It does sound like you're skating near the edge,
though.

The reason for the warning is that intermediate reduce values are
stored in the b+tree, so if they grow, rather than shrink, the b+tree
becomes progressively slower (i.e, we start violating the constraints
that make b+tree's work).

B.