couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Ciprian Dorin Craciun <ciprian.crac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Simple "transactional" access (i.e. "repeatable reads") (related to `last_seq` for previous revisions)
Date Wed, 19 Dec 2012 08:10:09 GMT
On Wed, Dec 19, 2012 at 9:42 AM, svilen <az@svilendobrev.com> wrote:
> IMO couchdb doesnt keep *all* revisions.. i think i read it somewhere.
> so rough guess, maybe a version control system suits u better?
> there are a few with usable APIs..

    Indeed CouchDB doesn't store all revisions, but:
    * it does store the latest few (I think I remember somewhere a
configuration option to keep at least the N last revisions, or?);
    * also the compaction can be run only on demand (thus I'm in
control of when old revisions are dropped);

    Thus in my case I don't want an arbitrary old revision. I just
want to be able to access the revision which was written before a
certain sequence number, which I can guarantee (through my own
application level code) that won't span more than a few minutes. (Thus
missing revisions from the database is not an issue.)

    Ciprian.