couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Ciprian Dorin Craciun <ciprian.crac...@gmail.com>
Subject How to find the change sequence of a document's revision
Date Tue, 18 Dec 2012 19:02:55 GMT
    Hello all!

    As noted in the subject I want to accomplish the following: having
a particular document's revision I want to find out which is it's
change sequence number.

    According to the documentation all I have to do is issue the
following query to get the sequence number of the "latest" revision:
      http://.../database/document?revs_info=true&local_seq=true

    As such I've assumed that I can obtain that similarly even for
previous revisions like this:
      http://.../database/document?rev=2-c33bbeaf4151d68d81f7e27f9cb0c03e&local_seq=true

    Unfortunately it doesn't work (as in it doesn't include any
`_local_seq` attribute)... Any suggestions?

    (I know that I could find that information by scrolling through
the `_changes` feed but that would be quite inefficient.)

    Thanks,
    Ciprian.