couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Shane McEwan <sh...@actual-experience.com>
Subject Re: Running couchdb remotely (from an interactive shell)
Date Wed, 12 Dec 2012 15:15:53 GMT
I've restarted CouchDB using the supplied init.d script via ssh and also
automatically with CFEngine many, many times and I've never had a
problem with it killing the couchdb process when I logout.

The nohup command disconnects a process from the terminal's stardard
input, error and output file descriptors. I haven't had to use nohup
since back when I used have a dial-up modem directly attached to a
serial port on my servers.

Are you starting couchdb with the '-o' and '-e' options? Maybe couchdb
will disconnect STDOUT and STDERR for you and, thus, shouldn't need nohup.