couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Wayne Conrad <wcon...@yagni.com>
Subject Re: Running couchdb remotely (from an interactive shell)
Date Wed, 12 Dec 2012 13:34:24 GMT
On 12/11/2012 11:53 AM, Nestor Urquiza wrote:
 > As other users have asked in the past to this list couchdb will not
 > run from a remote interactive shell but rather it will be killed when
 > the ssh session terminates. The command nohup can help with that. Here
 > is what I did (which works OK):

Terminal multiplexors like screen and tmux are very good for "I want to
start a non-daemon, disconnect, and come back later to see what happened."

Here's how it works with screen:

log on
$ screen
$ (enter log running command)
type control-a d to detach the screen session
log off

later...

log into the remote system
$ screen -r

and you'll be back in your long running program's term, including any
output the program printed while you were gone.

Best Regards,
Wayne Conrad