couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Luca Morandini <lmorand...@ieee.org>
Subject Re: [Job] : AURIN DATA ENGINEER - University of Melbourne
Date Mon, 10 Dec 2012 20:25:37 GMT
On 12/10/2012 09:33 PM, Volker Mische wrote:
> Hi Ed, Luca,
>
> this is on-topic. I agree that the email could've mentioned Apache
> CouchDB more explicitly. I had email exchange with Luca before, they
> even use (or at least evaluate) GeoCouch.
>
> Luca, can you perhaps explain a bit more what the job will look like in
> regards to Apache CouchDB.

First of all, my apologies to Ed Young, since the posting should have made more
explicit the link with CouchDB. On the other hand, the position description
mentions CouchDB and document-oriented DBMSes in general.

Unfortunately, there is no couchdb-jobs list; morevoer, I had read some previous
job postings that had not been not censured, hence I thought job-related posts to
be legitimate.

Having said that, we are basing our persistence mechanism on CouchDB, since we
deal with rather heterogeneous data, like: 3D data, data about graphs (networks),
geo-spatial data, Census data, data uploaded from users and -most probably-
gep-spatial binary data.

The data engineer will be mainly in charge of ETL, especially when it comes to
geo-spatial data, but flexibility and initiative are much valued here.

The project will last until the beginnings of 2015 and the position is full-time.

Regards,

Luca Morandini
Data Architect - AURIN project
Department of Computing and Information Systems
University of Melbourne
Tel. +61 03 903 58 380
Skype: lmorandini