couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Jim Klo <jim....@sri.com>
Subject Re: g+ community
Date Mon, 10 Dec 2012 19:00:30 GMT
The apache list seems to work… Why change? It's easy to search via Markmail… Maybe someone
should place a link for searching the archives with it somewhere?

Additionally, you do realize that Google groups basically requires (or creates) a G+ account
nowadays right? Not sure what the benefit other than building a more 'social couchdb forum'
on G+ would be. IMHO the Google Groups wouldn't be any different than the apache list - other
than you'd be fragmenting the user base. Google Groups is also somewhat painful to search
- they can be indexed w/ Markmail too.

BTW… if you are participating on this list… you ARE doing social… just not the FB, G+,
Twitter way… but the old skool email way. Sorry to disappoint.

Jim Klo
Senior Software Engineer
Center for Software Engineering
SRI International