couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Scott Weber <scotty2...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Documented API does not work.
Date Mon, 24 Dec 2012 18:19:46 GMT
I am trying to read the DB using a program to communication through sockets.
 And it is not working as documented.  I have a small test database called
'basic'

My reference point is this information
http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/HTTP_Document_API#all_docs

First off, this causes a CRASH on the server:
GET basic/_all_docs HTTP/1.0
Accept : */*
Host : 127.0.0.1:5984
UserAgent : MyEditor

The crash report is:
=CRASH REPORT==== 24-Dec-2012::12:04:11 ===
  crasher:
    initial call: mochiweb_acceptor:init/3
    pid: <0.1803.0>
    registered_name: []
    exception error: no function clause matching
                     mochiweb:new_request({#Port<0.4833>,
                                           {'GET',"basic/_all_docs",{1,0}},
                                           [{'Accept',"*/*"},
                                            {'Host',"127.0.0.1:5984"},
                                            {"Useragent","MyEditor"}]})
      in function  mochiweb_http:headers/5
    ancestors: [couch_httpd,couch_secondary_services,couch_server_sup,
                  <0.35.0>]
    messages: []
    links: [<0.130.0>,#Port<0.4833>]
    dictionary: []
    trap_exit: false
    status: running
    heap_size: 987
    stack_size: 24
    reductions: 1047
  neighbours:

Now, I can make it NOT crash, by pre-pending a slash (it took me *hours* to find
this one...)
GET /basic/_all_docs HTTP/1.0
Accept : */*
Host : 127.0.0.1:5984
UserAgent : MyEditor

However, it does not give me any content length.:
HTTP/1.0 200 OK
Server: CouchDB/1.2.0 (Erlang OTP/R14B04)
ETag: "4UXHG90N70GABNCO2D91E21GZ"