couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Jim Klo <jim....@sri.com>
Subject Re: g+ community
Date Mon, 10 Dec 2012 19:50:37 GMT

>> Google Groups is also somewhat painful to search
>
> I have no trouble searching in the google groups app.  What problems
> have you had?

From my experience… on about a dozen groups including several I moderate… the problem
is searching through history..  It's fine if all you want is keyword search, it does that
well...  however if you want to do faceted search (filtering by subject, thread, user, time
span, etc…) google groups makes it hard to do those things IMHO, hence why I have all my
google groups also indexed via Markmail.

In the end I don't really know what moving to Groups would gain other than integration into
a web UI…. with the exception of a thread view and inline posting… you can get *most*
of that functionality via Google Reader right now by subscribing to the existing feed:  http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/couchdb-user/?format=atom

Just my 2¢.

- Jim